17 July 2006

The World Cup is over!

Finally, the World Cup has ended. Highly enjoyable all in all, despite any controversies that arose. Italy being the winner in the end is probably well deserved but still quite a surprise, and I think many people felt for the German team and deep inside wished that they had won the whole thing. The Germans impressed me most of all the teams with their willingness to attack. It's a shame so few of the other teams had the same mentality. Zidane also impressed me, he played really, really well and together with Andrea Pirlo, he was, in my eyes, the best player of the tournament. Anyway, it's a good thing it's over, so that I can watch the Tour de France and all the brave cyclists competing at being the most advanced doper... Good luck all, may the best drug remain undiscovered;) No seriously, I hope someone who is relatively clean will win the race, it is definitely very interesting and exciting at this level...

No comments: