14 February 2007

Valentine's Day

Today was Valentine's Day again, and I gave Natsumi the customary red rose and a "romantic" card.

To surprise her I booked a table at a "good" Japanese restaurant, "Rashai Sushi Bar". It is one of the oldest in Sydney, and the owner, who I spoke to on the phone, has owned the place and worked ther for 20 years. We had a reservation for 9 PM, and were seated after just 5 minutes of waiting. Then followed 25 minutes where noone paid us any attention at all, even if I asked one of them to come and take our orders. After 30 minutes of waiting we got up and left, slamming the door on our way out, leaving quite a few puzzled faces behind.

We then went just down the road to a Turkish kebab joint, had some wonderful kebabs and a great meal all in all. Finished the night by walking back home (a 30 minute walk). We learned two things I guess. One is not to expect Japanese service and quality outside of Japan. The other is that kebabs taste great and it saved us a lot of money as well ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have had a closer look at the homepage. It clearly says "a bit slow" there.... ;-)

Sebi

Anonymous said...

Slow and expensive... sounds veeeery italian actually