Today it is all over the news here in Australia that "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin is dead. I believe that this is a very sad day for many people both here in Australia and elsewhere. I first thought it was some sort of "joke" but now all the news channels are reporting the same.
Irwin was a true Aussie icon, a very popular man who was regarded as a really important ambassador for Australia abroad. I have to admit that I am very sad now, which I don't automatically get just because someone famous dies, but Steve Irwin was just ...different...
RIP Steve Irwin [1962-2006]
Links:
News article about his death [in Norwegian]
News article from the Sydney Morning Herald
News Article from BBC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes. It is sad indeed. I am surprised that I feel this way. It is also very ironic, doing all he did and being killed by a fish. I guess he died doing something he loved, however, I do not really think that matters much. I will remember his enthusiasm and energy. KM
Post a Comment