Just on a side note, it seems that people are losing the idea when it comes to what the holiday is all about. I thought it was about having some time off and spending time with friends and family, to eat well and feel good.
However, some reports from Norwegian media seem to indicate that the focuse has changed a lot since I was young enough to still feel naive and happy about Christmas.
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=146748
A man bought a Ferrari as a Christmas gift. Isn't that nice. And worthy of being the top news in Norway's biggest newspaper...
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=146750
"Poor" Markus (4) is devastated - as is his mum - since the $2,000 worth of Christmas presents they bought on their trip to London were sent to the the wrong destination. This just gives me a bad taste in my mouth.
So, Merry Christmas everyone, or should I say:
Make sure you're rich, and spend heaps and heaps of money without hiding it.
That is the true spirit of Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment