...is working, has a full time job, has played computer games for many years, and is in his/her 30s! So there you go, it's not just kiddies that play computer games (something that is of course obvious to those of us who play online games). This article (in Norwegian) from today's news interviews a 36 year old mother from Norway who says that she plays with her friends and spends time playing with her partner. She further says that 'It's very nice to play together, it's so much better than [watching] bad TV'. She also explains that she sometimes feels that she is being regarded as some sort of alien when exclaiming her love for computer games.
I am very glad to see this kind of article in the media. For once they are actually trying to normalise a computer gamer, instead of scaring everyone off with stories of people who get addicted to WoW and then neglect their kids, leading to death(s).
In my view, it is absurd that people think I'm weird for not watching TV, and double weird for playing computer games instead. But I am 100% convinced that most of what's on TV is brainless junk, and to be honest, I don't understand why people are so addicted to the TV. I feel sorry for them. Instead, I like to play computer games with my girlfriend. Instead of sitting there and passively receiving a ton of bullshit, I get to use my brain, be analytical and creative, and most of all, I get to do it together with someone else. Sometimes, up to 8 others, as we are connecting with other people online through the games.
Now, I realise that TV is here to stay, but would a little bit of respect and understanding be too much to ask for for those of us who prefer computer games?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment