22 December 2008

London calling.

I cannot believe that I haven't written here in such a long time. To be honest, I doubt that anyone is still reading this blog, but let it be my 'therapy' - I will write here anyway.

Since I last posted, things weren't really turning out all that well in Japan. We ate well, the summer was lovely, very nice and warm, but on the flip side it was quite difficult for us to adjust to it all. I wasn't able to find a full time job, and Natsumi wasn't happy with hers. Eventually, after months of lingering, we decided that we wanted to give the 'West' another go. To make a long story short, I left for London in September, and Natsumi came over in November. Now we're living in a studio flat in Acton, West London.

London is terribly expensive - more so than any other place I've seen or been! That is probably one of the main points we've gathered during our first month together. But as soon as we're both working and making money, it should be more than possible to live a comfortable life in terms of money.

I've been working in customer services for Panduit (American electronics company) since late September. In January I start working as an accountant for a Norwegian law firm in London City.

The next big thing for us is to have our kitten (actually she's no longer a kitten, but a big grown up lady!) flown over from Japan. We're very excited about that, but also nervous as it is very stressing for the poor cat. Hopefully we will see her in a month or so. We've been missing her a lot!

Now I'm at work, but because of the holiday season, there is not much to do at the moment. So I thought I'd be updating my blog from time to time. But don't hold me to it, I've not been too trustworthy in terms of blogging thus far, have I ;)

No comments: