29 December 2008

Yule 2008

The so-called Christmas, or at least the most important part of it, has passed.
We didn't celebrate this year, for various reasons, and with no family around, it didn't really cause any problems at all. Most local shops and kebab parlours were open anyway, I therefore feel like celebrating the religious diversity of this world! But religion is too big a subject matter for such a small post, so let's take that some other time.

We ate well, drank well and exercised plenty of relaxation. I could get used to that lifestyle. It's lovely to sleep in when you've grown accustomed to getting up before seven in the morning. The damned brat next door does nothing but scream all day long. I suspect it has some sort of mental disability, as the kid is approximately 2-3 years old and utters no sound other than screaming. Nevertheless, it's frightfully annoying, disturbing and noisy. The Polish in our building have their own little community, and thus wander from room to room, and with them tramping about in the hallway - screaming kid included - it gets very noisy and loud inside out flat. Isn't it funny how people think that once they have kids they're exempt from common sense and being considerate of others? But that's another story, don't get me started on that now... So yeah, this kid wakes us up in the morning. And every night we're being kept up by the rats in our walls/ceiling, sounding like they're just about to break through and fall down on us with a thud, forever infesting our flat with rat poo and whatnot. Pretty disgusting, and the feeling that some dirty rodents are trying to break through your wall doesn't make one sleep very comfortably!

Anyway, the landlord has been notified by an angry yours truly, but as expected, indecency rules and I suspect we will hear nothing from the landlord until our contract is due to expire. I regret having signed for six months, but come May we will definitely be on our way elsewhere.

For now, it will have to do - rats, screaming kids, whatnot - I bought a rat terminator thing on ebay, and if the kid gets too loud we will just have to keep complaining.

Apart from that, nothing is new. Playing a lot of computer games these days, I play a little bit of WoW, but also the new game Warhammer Online. Starting to get into it now, but when the festive season is over there won't be much time for 'fun' anyway.

Bye for now!

No comments: